Wednesday, January 4, 2012

How We Did It book talk

My local library hosts a wonderful series of talks called "Wednesday Night Out." On the first Wednesday of the month, they invite a local author or artist to talk about his or her work. I've gone to some of these wonderful events, and have heard many authors, including authors Melissa Hamilton and Christopher Hirsheimer of the popular Canal House cookbook series and David Kushner, whose nonfiction book Levittown: Two Families, One Tycoon, and the Fight for Civil Rights in America's Legendary Suburb chronicles racial discrimination in the building of a nearby Levittown housing development.

I've been one of the library's featured authors myself. Last June, I talked about my book of stories told by military chaplains, Miracles and Moments of Grace. I must not have put absolutely everyone to sleep because tonight, they've asked me to return to talk about my new book, How We Did It: Weight Loss Choices that Will Work for You. Joining me is one of the people whose weight loss success story is in the book, opera singer John Bellemer. He has a fascinating story about how losing weight and improving his health made his voice stronger and gave his career a boost.

So, if you're anywhere in the central New Jersey area, come on over to the Train Station, 4 Railroad Place, in Hopewell Borough, at 7 p.m. (Wednesday, January 4). I'm hoping John will sing something for us, and I've experimented with some low-fat and low-sugar refreshments. I taste-tested, and they sure could fool me! It's going to be a fun and inspiring evening. I hope you can join us.

No comments:

Post a Comment